What we do:
We believe you know your business best, and that our job is to bring fresh eyes and the right questions. Our quality improvement expertise will help you implement purposeful changes to processes to reliably deliver what patients need. We will assess and build on your organization’s operational strengths – whether you are in the formative stages, have some good practices that need spreading, or are more advanced in meeting patient needs systematically.
We can help you:
- Determine what “value” is to your patients through structured interviews, qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Map the process to determine how well your current processes are performing, and design future-state processes and programs that deliver higher performance;
- Find the ‘vital few’ measures that link strategic goals to operational activities, and allow decision makers to take timely action;
- Set performance goals with your senior team, including goals for cost avoidance;
- If you choose to leverage business intelligence technology, we will optimize your choice of software so it is efficiently and practically used within your organization.
- Drive quality improvement through your organization with change management support. For example, implement a learn-by-doing approach through successive cycles of Plan-Do-Study-Act initiatives;
- Guide front line management through the improvement process, providing the change management support needed to launch real culture change that sustains quality improvement;
- If referral processes need improvement, then Doleweerd Consulting can help implement Caredove, a leading referral management software that “helps make referrals work better for everyone”.
How you benefit:
Quality improvement will help your organization deliver excellence. This means better financial and clinical performance. We can help you:
- Understand the voice of the patient and how well a service delivers value
- Clearly comprehend the demand for a service, and what you can do to ‘level’ the increasing or variable demand
- Reduce wait times to admission
- Reduce call centre backlog and increase answer rate
- Eliminate over-processing of information collection by front line staff, freeing up time for patient care.
- Segment your patient groups according to what is valuable to them
- Reduce the ‘hassle-factor’ experienced by patients in accessing services
- Identify change ideas and help front line managers to implement
- Apply standard work procedures to patient groups
- Ready yourself for accreditation and competitive positioning for Requests for Proposals